Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Pioneer Day

There is a state holiday on July 24th in Utah called "Pioneer Day" commemorating the arrival of Brigham Young and other pioneers in the Salt Lake valley in 1847. After living in Phoenix for over four years without this holiday, it was nice celebrating it with my family. In the morning, we went to a cute little parade in my sister's neighborhood which Allie, Max, and Sam were a part of. Then, my dad took us out to his favorite breakfast spot, "Jim's" for real homestyle breakfast. Later, some of us went swimming and then we had a little get-together at my parent's house that evening and ate delicious take-out from one of my favorite restaurants, Italian Village. After dark, I sat out on the deck and watched some pretty firework shows going on throughout the valley.


No comments: