Monday, October 8, 2007

First Pair of Shoes

Once Isabelle started walking a couple weeks ago we realized that we really needed to get her some shoes. A couple of friends recommended we get a brand called "pediped" because they're really soft and flexible and claim to be the next best thing to barefoot. I had a hard time finding the ones I wanted at the mall, so I found this great site called zappos.com that had them and offered free overnight shipping. She has huge feet and I got her the 12-18 month size, but she'll be needing the next size up really soon I'm afraid! Anyway, I wondered how she'd do with shoes since she's never really worn them before and sure enough, she was not happy about them at first! I put them on her and she just stood there looking down at them and then back up at me like "what are these things mom?" - she wouldn't even try to walk in them until I held her hand and persuaded her to take a few steps. Even now that it's been a couple of weeks and she's more used to them, she still prefers to be barefoot!

No comments: